I’m back and feeling refreshed after taking a month off from blogging. I spent the month just being with family, catching up with friends, binge watching a few tv series, spent a couple of nights in northern NSW/Gold Coast, eating my body weight in food (please tell me I’m not alone in this one) and just switched off.
Being on holidays over the Christmas period meant more relaxed dressing.
In my normal work week I will wear heels most days – I love the extra height and as I’m mainly at my desk there isn’t much walking required so I can wear sky high heels.
Holidays quite often mean more walking so comfort is required, this has always been in the past limited to thongs or sandals. This year it was different kicks have become my go to choice in footwear.
Up until a year ago the only time I wore kicks/sneakers was when I exercised and even then it was out of necessity not love.
I grew up in Darwin and spent most of my teenage years in either thongs or sandals – even our school uniform didn’t require me to wear closed in shoes.
I never thought to wear them with casual clothes never mind a dress.
How things have changed.
Just before Christmas I was gifted a pair of the new FRANKiE 4 NAT sneakers.
These come in 4 colourways – white | cream | black/white | black/black. For me picking was between the white or cream, I ended up with the all white as I love the clean look.
The NAT features:
- Leather upper
- Leather lined footbed
- Leather lined with specifically placed foam lining to alleviate pressure on skin.
- Dual density polyurethane sole: durable outer sole, soft midsole
- Gusseted tongue so can be worn with or without laces
These kicks became my go to shoe for the holiday period.
If there was any walking involved out they came and my feet have been very happy about it.
I learnt that sneakers don’t just have to be worn with lyrca, they look amazing with so many other items of clothing from my wardrobe.
Below are a few of the different ways I have wore them this holiday season
- Maxi Dress – I have a bit of a fashion mantra of not just saving my dressy clothes or accessories for special occasions, life is too short. You need to get full use out of every part of your wardrobe – this Seed Maxi was purchased for a Women’s lunch late last year but by adding my FRANKiE 4 NAT, tying a denim jacket around my waist I have transformed this dress into a perfect casual outfit. Note: I’m an E cup and this can tend to make me look larger than what I am so I love to use a denim jacket to create shape and give me a waist.
- Short Dress – for me this is such a fun look but still dressy enough for a lunch date or a day of shopping. I would normally wear sandals with a short dress but the FRANKiE 4 NAT really makes this pop.
- Droppies – as far as I’m concerned droppies and FRANKiE 4 NAT are the perfect match. They are both the ultimate in comfortable dressing. I do realise that drop crotch pants are not everyone’s cup of tea and if I’m honest I held off buying a pair because I wasn’t sure either. But once I wore a pair there was no turning back and now I have 5 pairs in my wardrobe – my droppies of choice are the Bohemian Traders they are made from heavy duty cotton with a slight stretch to them.
- Skirt – this outfit is all about layers and has turned a pretty skirt into a fabulous sports luxe look. Sports Luxe is not a look I was very confident in a year ago but the FRANKiE 4 NAT make it such an easy look to pull off. The addition of the denim jacket in this instance days actually serve two purposes it creates a waist and if the evening cools off you have jacket close at hand.
FRANKiE 4 NAT – white $229.95 * | Seed Heritage Maxi (no longer available) | Carmel & Co Crossbody Bag – currently sold out * | Mix Apparel Denim Jacket $35.00 (similar version here) | Kmart Straw Hat $7.00 from the mens department.
FRANKiE 4 NAT white $229.95 * | Fuschia Designs Nicola OTS Dress $55.00 * (wearing S/M)| Sequins & Sands Statement Necklace $55.00 (similar style here) | Uberkate Everyday Cocktail Necklace Amethyst $195.00 *
FRANKiE 4 NAT white $229.95 * | Ella & Sunday Verona Linen Hand Print Skirt $109.95 * | Ruby & Lilli Simplicite Bev Tee $69.00 * | Uberkate Loveline Large Necklace $225.00 * | Kmart Straw Hat $7.00 from the mens department | Witchery Mia Perforated Tote $99.95
Are you a white sneaker convert or do you save them only for exercise?
All items marked with an * have been gifted to me for editorial consideration.